I love to cook, and I’ve been told that I’m pretty frickin’ good at it. ::blushes:: My hottie boyfriend Chad loves that I love to cook, and that I’m pretty frickin’ good at it, because that means he gets to enjoy lots of great-tasting home cooked meals almost every day! One of his favorites that I make is a stuffed chicken breast that tastes way more high-calorie than it actually is. We have this about 1x a week because he loves it so much, but he would not be mad if I made it even more often, LOL! (Takes about 15 minutes to prep and about an hour to cook, so pour yourself a glass of wine and plan accordingly, darling.)
Chad’s Favorite Stuffed Chicken Breast (for 2) approx 450 calories per serving
- 2 large, boneless & skinless fresh organic chicken breasts
- 1/2- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (a good handful) shredded Parmesan cheese
- **CHEATER VERSION: Substitute the cream cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese and garlic with a pre-made Spinach or Spinach & Artichoke dip! Shhhh)
- *OPTIONAL: 1 Tbsp mayonnaise & about 1/2 cup seasoned Panko or bread crumbs to coat chicken
Preheat oven to 375F. Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts, carefully butterfly cut them (or cut a pocket into the thicker side of each breast) and set aside. Mix together cream cheese, spinach, garlic, and Parmesan cheese in small bowl. Stuff the chicken breasts with about a Tbsp of cream cheese mixture per breast, leaving about 1/4-1/2 inch between mixture and cut openings; close the chicken. Place chicken in lightly oiled, shallow baking dish. [*If using crumb coating, sprinkle a little of the crumbs on the pan first and rest the chicken breasts on top of it; coat top and sides of chicken with a little mayo and cover with remaining crumbs.] Bake uncovered for 40-60 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.
Serves up nicely alongside sauteed or roasted veggies, rice, garlic mashed potatoes, or with a simple Caesar salad. So good! Enjoy!