Creamy. Rustic. Satisfying. Super-simple.
My tasty little Avocado Egg Boat may not win any beauty contests, but it sure is a tasty & easy breakfast that is just as good during a busy weekday as it is on a lazy weekend. Healthy fat and no downside! Approximately 250 calories.
Here’s the recipe:
1 ripe avocado
1 fresh egg
S & P
*Hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Halve the avocado (keep the seed in the other half unless you are serving both halves)
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; crack egg and add to pan, scramble.
- While egg is setting, mash the avocado inside the peel with a fork.
- Add the egg to the mashed avocado and season with a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a dash of hot pepper sauce like Sriracha if you like! Perfect on it’s own or serve with a slice of toast.