I’m always on the lookout for easy, tasty meals that are low-cal but still flavorful & filling. This one is awesome to make ahead and take to work or school for your lunch the next day.
There are loads of versions of this Kale & Quinoa salad, so feel free to personalize it and make it your own. 🙂
This one is loaded with protein, iron, & calcium from the quinoa plus Vitamins C, A, and K from the kale, plus the benefits of antioxidants & vitamins from the blueberries and super healthy omega-3 fatty acids from the hemp seed oil. AND IT TASTES AMAZING!
Always use the freshest, cleanest, non-GMO produce you can get your hands on. Here’s the recipe:
Fresh kale, whole leaf (4-6 leafs per serving)
Quinoa (1/2-1 cup per serving)
Fresh blueberries (or dried)
Hemp seed oil
OPTIONAL: Dry roasted pumpkin seeds, shelled sunflower seeds, chia seeds or flax seeds (I like to combine pumpkin seeds and flax seeds)
- Prepare the quinoa according to package directions; set aside to cool
- Rinse & pat dry the kale; strip the greens off the stems into a large bowl and tear into pieces
- Squirt some hemp seed oil to taste (about a tablespoon) onto the kale and mix it in with your clean hands. Massage the kale really well so that it breaks down a bit and reduces in size
- Add the cooled quinoa, a handful of blueberries, and a handful of seeds to the kale; mix it all together
- Enjoy as a light meal or side dish right now, or store in a covered container for lunch the next day.
Approximately 200 calories 😘