TRUTH: I love to cook and have always enjoyed experimenting in the kitchen. Sometimes I will get an idea of different flavors that I want to pair together, and I just go for it. Usually it works out really well and I have a happy honey enjoying his dinner!
Sometimes, though, I honestly just want to have a nice meal for the two of us that is fancy enough to taste interesting, healthy and fresh but NOT take hours to prepare. I want to try something that is different from my few go-to favorites, but won’t require me to hunt down exotic ingredients. What to do?
SOLUTION: I have been seeing these nifty subscription box services and thought, Hm, I wonder if they’re any good? I asked my honey if he would be down to try it out, and of course he was game. We decided to give it a go, and we have been totally impressed!
There are a few different ones on the market, so, I started using HelloFresh this year and I’ve really loved it. I’m doing a subscription that gives me all I need to create 3 new meals for two each week. Here’s what I like:
- The recipes are tasty, interesting, balanced and pretty easy to follow- even though they come from top chefs
- The meats & produce are fresh, whole (not processed), high quality and provided in appropriate portions Bonus: many are locally sourced and/or supporting smaller family farms
- Meals are ready in about 30 minutes (45 minutes was the longest so far) so they don’t wipe me out
- We actually enjoy preparing them together! (I especially like it when he cuts the onions so I don’t cry)
- There are several ordering options for number of meals per week, recipe choices, and more
- I spend a lot less time in grocery stores, and less money on our groceries each week- without sacrificing quality
So yeah! I definitely recommend it! If you would like to give HelloFresh a try, here’s my special offer link for you:
Tell them Michelle Lewis- The Blessings Butterfly sent you! <3